All-on-4 Dental Implants – Fort Lauderdale, FL
Seaside Family Dentistry is happy to provide “All-on-4” dental implant supported dentures to patients. Dr. Alan Kellner and our Fort Lauderdale board certified periodontist will work with you to give your smile back – all within 24 hours.
How Does All-on-4 Work?
- During a consultation, we will review your medical history and look at imagery to see if you are an eligible candidate for this procedure, as well as what the best course of action will be if you decide to move forward.
- Our board certified periodontist will start by removing teeth that are beyond repair. He will then insert 4 implants into the jaw bone. These implants will secure your hybrid dentures to your jaw.
- You will be fitted with temporary hybrid dentures until you are fully healed — approximately 6 to 8 months later. These are not the typical dentures you think of that you can remove yourself. These are secured in your mouth by the implants and can only be moved by a dentist.
How Long Does the Procedure Take?
The procedure takes about two to three hours per arch. Then you will go home and rest until you come back in to have your teeth inserted. In 24 hours, your surgery will be complete and you’ll have your first set of teeth placed. In six to eight months, you will return to your Fort Lauderdale dentist to get your permanent prosthesis fitted.
What are the Benefits of “All-on-4” Dental Implants?
With a normal implant procedure, you must wait until you are fully healed until you are able to have a tooth placed. Healing typically takes six to eight months, leaving you with a missing tooth for that period of time. “All-on-4” dental implants allow us to give you teeth within a day of the procedure, giving you a great smile while your mouth heals.
- Easy maintenance — Treat them like normal teeth and keep them clean by brushing and flossing.
- Maintain bone structure — Keeping your biting force with implanted teeth will help prevent bone deterioration.
- Dental implants provide more comfort than removable dentures.
- Confidently eat all of your favorite foods again.
How Much Does This Cost?
Since all of your teeth will be placed on just four implants per arch, this procedure is more cost effective than if you were to have an implant placed for each tooth. Many factors go into the final pricing, which will be covered during your consultation.
Is it Safe?
Dental implants have a high success rate and are regarded as a safe procedure. Dr. Kellner and our board certified periodontist will meticulously review your medical history to prevent any issues from arising.